March 6, 2011

It Couldn't Have Gone to a Better Person!

 As you all know, Dawn was the winner of the iPad.  After I posted the video of the drawing, I was still attempting to get a hold of Dawn. She had no clue! Several people were messaging her at work and she finally called me.  She couldn't believe it!  This is the message I got from her late last night!

Ok. So Im finally home. And have had the chance to let this extremely exciting news sink in! I just want to let you know how amazing I think you are. God is using you in incredible ways. Your famiy is beautiful, you are incredibly blessed! And you have shared those blessings with everyone around you.
I may have won the iPad, but I just wanted to share something with you, and how much this means to me (not the iPad itself, but the life lesson all of this has taught me)
Im sure you know that I am not the richest person in the world. Im a struggling single mom of 2. I wouldnt trade my life for anything, but its definately not easy. Ive also had a lot going on lately with other things, and its hard to kind of "keep the faith" when everything is so turned upside down. But I try.
Ive followed your blog since you started your journey with Marley...thanks to Cafemom! And when i read about your mission trip, and your giveaway, I was so excited for you!
Money has been really tight lately, Ive missed work here and there because either me or one of the girls have been sick. But I was lucky enough to get some overtime last week, so my paycheck was a little better than usual. I am faithful in tithing. And usually do 10% of whatever my check is, but I wanted to donate my "extra" for your trip. I had to wait til the very last minute (seriously, I got it in about 15 minutes before it ended), and I knew the giveaway had been going on for a while, and lots of people had multiple entries in, so I wasnt donating to try and win either one. I was simply donating to have a small helping hand in your mission trip journey.
God has tested me before with my finances and trust. (I struggle with this too) And He definately did not let me down. I was laid off from my job over the summer (6 months total) and ONLY by the grace of God did we make it by.
So, through all the hurdles that I have to overcome, and all the difficulties I face, I am once again reminded that God is watching out for me, and is paying attention to what Im going though, and takes care of whatever it is. And, sometimes He may even surprise me with an extra little bonus (aka the iPad!)
Thanks again Elisa. :)

God is so good!  It's so amazing how he orchestrated everything and a little thing like winning an iPad can help renew someone and grow them in their faith!  I am so thankful for everyone who gave, I'm sure there are other stories out there.  I just had to share this one!

:)

No comments: